Romanchenko Valeriy Yakovlevich, Doctor of historical sciences, professor, sub-department of socio-legal, humanitarian and pedagogical sciences, Saratov State Vavilov Agrarian University (1 Teatralnaya square, Saratov, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nozhkina Irina Aleksandrovna, Candidate of sociological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of socio-legal, humanitarian and pedagogical sciences, Saratov State Vavilov Agrarian University (1 Teatralnaya square, Saratov, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Shmygina Oksana Nikolaevna, Candidate of historical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of socio-legal, humanitarian and pedagogical sciences, head of the University History Museum, Saratov State Vavilov Agrarian University (1 Teatralnaya square, Saratov, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The relevance of this publication is determined by the lack of methodological aspects of the impact of the party, the state and public organizations on a certain set of social processes, which in everyday practice are called social and due to insufficient attention in the study of this problem as a whole. The aim of the work is to analyze some methodological approaches to the definition of the essence and content of the Soviet social policy in the village, to consider the nature of the categories expressing it.
Materials and methods. The methodological basis of the study was based on the principles of historicism and objectivity. In the course of writing the paper used dialectical, systemic, comparative-historical and other methods to identify significant aspects and features of Soviet social policy in the village in the 1950–1980s.
Results. The model of social policy of the USSR which allows to reveal unequal access of various social groups to social wealth and tendencies in change of its position in indissoluble connection with the concept “agrarian policy of the state” as the Soviet social policy in the village in many respects was defined by the contents and features of agrarian policy of the state in concrete-historical period and was its component is investigated.
Conclusions. The analysis of the party-government decisions of the period 1950–1980-ies, reveals a wide range of activities aimed at the modernization of the economy of agriculture, improvement of social and living conditions of the peasantry, which had its positive results. At the same time, the agrarian policy of the 1950–1980s was often contradictory, insufficiently taking into account the specifics of the agriculture of certain regions, the peculiarities of the social situation in them, at the General theoretical, methodological level, it was a contradiction between the interests of certain social groups that stood at the leadership of the country and sought to preserve the former economic mechanism, and the urgent objective need for its radical modernization.
Soviet social policy, Soviet state, social justice, social sphere of the village, social service, collective farm peasantry, agricultural workers, rural intelligentsia, rural life, Soviet village, agricultural policy of the state, methodology
1. Kharitonova N. G. Partiyno-gosudarstvennaya programma sotsial'nogo razvitiya sovetskoy derevni i uroven' zhizni kolkhoznogo krest'yanstva v 1953–1991 gg.: avtoref. dis. d-ra ist. nauk [The party-state program of social development of the soviet village and the living standard of collective farm peasantry in 1953–1991: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of historical sciences]. Moscow, 2011, 20 p. [In Russian]
2. Izyumova L. V. Gosudarstvennaya agrarnaya politika v Rossii XX veka v kontekste modernizatsionnogo protsessa [State agrarian policy in Russia in the XX century in the context of modernization]. Vologda: Rus', 2006. 78–101. [In Russian]
3. Nikitaeva E. B. Ekonomika, statistika i informatika [Economics, statistics and informatics]. 2014, no. 6, pp. 119–124. [In Russian]
4. Vel'mozhko I. N. Aktual'nye problemy intellektual'noy istorii i gumanitarnogo znaniya v XXI veke: materialy Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Topical problems of intellectual history and humanitarian knowledge in the XXI century: proceedings of an All-Russian scientific and practical conference]. Murmansk, 2016, pp. 19–22. [In Russian]
5. Sotsial'naya politika KPSS v usloviyakh razvitogo sotsializma [Social policy of CPSU in the conditions of developed socialism]. Moscow‚ 1979, 432 p. [In Russian]
6. Ostrovskiy V. B. Kolkhoznoe krest'yanstvo SSSR [Collective farm peasantry of the USSR]. Saratov, 1967, 329 p. [In Russian]
7. Onoprienko I. G. Nauchnye vedomosti Belgorodskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Ser.: Istoriya. Politologiya [Scientific bulletin of Belgorod State University. Series: History. Political science]. 2013, no. 15 (158), pp. 108–112. [In Russian]
8. Tomilin V. N. Voprosy istorii [Historical issues]. 2008, no. 3, p. 156. [In Russian]
9. Arutyunyan Yu. V. Sotsial'naya struktura sel'skogo naseleniya SSSR [Social structure of rural population of the USSR]. Moscow, 1971, 376 p. [In Russian]
10. Dolgov V. M., Vilkov A. A., Mikhaylovskiy I. Yu., Moskvitina R. A. Sotsial'naya evolyutsiya krest'yanstva v 60–80-e gody [Social evolution of peasantry in 1960–1980s]. Saratov, 1993, 110 p. [In Russian]
11. Mun F. Ya. Sotsialisticheskoe obnovlenie sela: sotsial'naya struktura, trud i upravlenie [Socialistic renewal of the village: social culture, labor and administration]. Moscow, 1988, pp. 84–90. [In Russian]
12. Zorin V. I. Filosofiya nauki [Philosophy of science]. 1971, no. 5, pp. 28–37. [In Russian]
13. Shanin T. Velikiy neznakomets: krest'yane i fermery v sovremennom mire [The great stranger: peasants and farmers in the modern world]. Moscow, 1992, pp. 8–21. [In Russian]
14. Redfild R. Velikiy neznakomets: krest'yane i fermery v sovremennom mire [The great stranger: peasants and farmers in the modern world]. Moscow, 1992, pp. 70–72. [In Russian]
15. Zinov'ev A. A. Kommunizm kak real'nost'. Krizis kommunizma [Communism as a reality. Crisis of communism]. Moscow‚ 1994, 494 p. [In Russian]
16. Kharitonov N. M. Agrarnaya reforma i formirovanie mnogoukladnoy ekonomiki v agroprodovol'stvennom komplekse: avtoref. dis. kand. ekon. nauk [Agrarian reform and formation of a heterogeneous economy in the agricultural-food sector: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of economic sciences]. Moscow, 1999, 24 p. [In Russian]
17. Brezhnev L. I. Voprosy upravleniya ekonomikoy razvitogo sotsialisticheskogo obshchestva. Rechi, doklady i vystupleniya [Issues of managing the economy of a developed socialistic society. Speeches, reports and addresses]. Moscow, 1976, 600 p. [In Russian]
18. Zhogoleva E. E. Metodologiya razrabotki prioritetov agrarnoy politiki [Methodology of developing agrarian policy priorities]. Moscow, 1996, 226 p. [In Russian]
19. Abalkina T. V., Abalakin A. A. Fundamental'nye i prikladnye issledovaniya kooperativnogo sektora ekonomiki [Fundamental and applied research of the cooperative sector of the economy]. 2008, no. 3, pp. 49–53. [In Russian]
20. Ikonnikova O. V. Agrarnaya politika sovremennoy Rossii: nauchno-metodologicheskie aspekty i strategiya realizatsii [Agrarian policy of modern Russia: scientific and methodological aspects and the implementation strategy]. Moscow: VIAPI imeni A. A. Nikonova: «Entsiklopediya rossiyskikh dereven'», 2015, pp. 68, 69. [In Russian]
21. Naukhatskiy V. V., Kabanov A. N. Razvitie sotsial'noy sfery sela Rostovskoy oblasti v 1965–1991 gg. [Development of the rural social sphere of Rostov region in 1965–1991]. Rostov-on-Don, 2005, 275 p. [In Russian]